You might think that you're the kind of person that would keep
his/her cool when a cheetah approaches his/her newly-rented Chevy Sonic
and appears to be preparing to jump on its hood (see cheetah video).
I'll admit--I'm not that person. I kind of lost it. I may have used some
profanity. It's possible that Peter had to remind me to roll up my
window. I may have actually addressed the cheetah and said, "You are so
magical." I didn't handle the situation in a particularly expert manner
but, hell, there was a cheetah next to the car and I feel like that
gives a person a little leeway.
Anyway, the pictures in
this post should reflect that the park contained more than just
cheetahs. Lions! Lions eating things! Wild dogs! Wild dogs eating
things! Each corner of the park featured another animal, eating yet
another animal. The circle of life, I'm telling you.
Some
interesting things observed at the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
include: people (not us) will get out of their car in order to take
pictures of wild and savage predators even after being told not to get
out of the car in order to do same; one man (not Peter) thought that
allowing his young child to stray too close to the electrified fence was
one way to "teach him a lesson;" wild dogs are just as ugly as you
think they would be; there was a bird that I-swear-to-God was wearing a
mask (aka "Bane of the Bird World"); and the adorable lion cub cuddled
around Peter's foot appeared to have an adorable penchant for eating
shoe materials, discovered only after Peter had to retrieve the better
part of a shoelace from its adorable jaws.
Also noted
is that I'm terrible at spotting animals, while Peter is like an expert
tracker. If that's not evidence I wouldn't have survived as a cavewoman,
I don't know what is. P.s. it occurs to me only now that crawling
around on all fours (see last picture here) next to the tiger cage
probably fell within the "don't tease the animals" limitation on
visitors' behavior in the park--Oops! More to come soon!
































No comments:
Post a Comment